During his time as ruler, King Pastoria and the magic realm fought the Beast Forever, but to no avail. It was only through The Wizard's intervention that it was defeated. The Wizard eventually succeeded him, charging his right hand, Eamonn, to kill both Samuel and Katherine.
- "The Beast Forever"/"Prison of the Abject" (mentioned)
- "They Came First" (mentioned)
- "Lions in Winter" (memories)
- "The Villain That's Become" (memories)
Behind the scenes
- In L. Frank Baum's novel The Marvelous Land of Oz, Pastoria was removed from his throne by the black magic of Mombi, an evil witch, and was succeeded as ruler by the Wizard. He was enchanted by Mombi to be Tora the Tired Tailor, but by the time he was found and disenchanted, he no longer had the desire to rule.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Cassidy, Shaun (writer) and Singh, Tarsem (director) (February 17, 2017). "Lions in Winter". Emerald City. Season 1. Episode 8. NBC.
- ↑ Bellomo, Tracy (writer) and Singh, Tarsem (director) (February 10, 2017). "They Came First". Emerald City. Season 1. Episode 7. NBC.
- ↑ Friedman, Josh, Arnold, Matthew, Doble, Justin, Schulner, David (writers) and Singh, Tarsem (director) (January 6, 2017). "The Beast Forever"/"Prison of the Abject". Emerald City. Season 1. Episodes 1 and 2. NBC.