Ojo is a member of the Munja'kin tribe.
Meeting Frank Morgan
Encountering Dorothy Gale
After Dorothy Gale accidentally walked in to the Tribal Freelands, Ojo approached her. She admitted that she killed the Witch of the East, leading to him tying her up and torturing her. When she plead for her life, the Munja'kins had a vote as to what to do with her, Ojo voting to have her killed. With consensus being to banish her from the lands, Ojo was the one to lead Dorothy and her dog. He led them through a mountain pass in order to see his wife in the Prison of the Abject. They eventually found their way to the poppy-covered brick road, where Ojo instructed her to follow it to Emerald City.
Some time later, Ojo knocked out Dorothy with a boomerang at the behest of the witch West. He took Dorothy to West, where he asked for his wife freed, as was promised. West promised to have her released by the following day, but when he returned, she was nowhere to be found, much to Ojo's anger.
- "The Beast Forever"/"Prison of the Abject"
- "Science and Magic"
- "Everybody Lies"
- "Beautiful Wickedness" (flashback)
Behind the scenes
- Ojo is based on Ojo the Unlucky from L. Frank Baum's Oz books. He was given this title due to him living with his silent uncle and having seen none of the world, though also as he was born on Friday the 13th, is left-handed, and has a wart under his arm. He was later named Ojo the Lucky by the Tin Woodman, believing his bad luck to be part of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- ↑ DeConnick, Kelly Sue, Fong, Leah (writers) and Singh, Tarsem (director) (February 3, 2017). "Beautiful Wickedness". Emerald City. Season 1. Episode 6. NBC.
- ↑ Friedman, Josh, Arnold, Matthew, Doble, Justin, Schulner, David (writers) and Singh, Tarsem (director) (January 6, 2017). "The Beast Forever"/"Prison of the Abject". Emerald City. Season 1. Episodes 1 and 2. NBC.
- ↑ Cassidy, Shaun, Holman, Sheri (writers) and Singh, Tarsem (director) (January 20, 2017). "Science and Magic". Emerald City. Season 1. Episode 4. NBC.
- ↑ Iizuka, Naomi Hisako, Gross, Halley (writers) and Singh, Tarsem (director) (January 27, 2017). "Everybody Lies". Emerald City. Season 1. Episode 5. NBC.