Kansas is a state on Earth and the home of Dorothy Gale.
In 1996, at Vorcotec, a vortex research laboratory in Topeka, the staff began a regular test. While initially everything was going fine, readings began growing. They were locked out of the system, causing them to need to shut it down manually. One scientist, Roberto, was killed in the midst of it, while the other three (Karen Chapman, Jane Andrews and Frank Morgan) were transported to another world.
Karen eventually found her way back, dropping her infant daughter Dorothy at the home of Em and Henry Gale in Lucas. Twenty years later, Dorothy grew up and had begun working as a nurse at Lucas Medical. When she went to visit her biological mother and finally reconnect, she found her badly injured in her storm cellar. Before she could help her, she was swept away in a police car to Oz.
- "The Beast Forever"/"Prison of the Abject"
- "Mistress - New - Mistress" (mentioned)
- "Science and Magic" (indirectly mentioned)
- "Everybody Lies" (indirectly mentioned)
- "Beautiful Wickedness" (flashbacks)
- "They Came First" (mentioned)
- ↑ DeConnick, Kelly Sue, Fong, Leah (writers) and Singh, Tarsem (director) (February 3, 2017). "Beautiful Wickedness". Emerald City. Season 1. Episode 6. NBC.
- ↑ Friedman, Josh, Arnold, Matthew, Doble, Justin, Schulner, David (writers) and Singh, Tarsem (director) (January 6, 2017). "The Beast Forever"/"Prison of the Abject". Emerald City. Season 1. Episodes 1 and 2. NBC.